Month: April, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Weather changes at a moments notice. Please watch weather reports before going out to practices and games. When practicing, please communicate as coaches and parents the game plan for impending weather. CASA will call weather related cancellations by 4pm on game nights. Listen to the radio and go to the website to double check the status of games. If games have started and weather requires us to evacuate the fields, please listen for instruction from the concession stand. There are two megaphones that can be used to announce evacuation for weather. Board members and the Ref Coordinator on the fields at that time will make that determination. Please follow instructions accordingly.
- The grass is starting to green up, minus any scattered white spots that might fall yet this first part of the season. Lots of work was done to get goals ready for games and lots of hands will be needed to help move goals for the State Cup Tournament and get them back on the fields for regular season games again. U6 goals will be moved off after games this Saturday, April 16 (weather pending) and all other goals will be moved off either April 21st or April 22nd. Please watch for details on the front page of the website.
Also, remember to respect the fields and pick up garbage as needed. Please address those who are littering, to pick up and be proud to keep the fields clean. We are guests on these fields and to continue to use them, we need to be good caretakers of them.
- New goals for the U8 and U10 divisions were ordered, put together and look great on the fields. Please help take care of these goals to last a long time. If you see kids/players hanging on goals, please address them to get off and take care of them. With new goals, we add more obsticles to the fields. U6 goals are pulled together after Saturday games. Please help keep kids from playing in-between them and/or climbing on them. Thank you for helping with these areas to keep everyone safe and having fun playing soccer.
- Oahe Futbol Club (OFC) is hosting the State Soccer Cup Tournament April 29, April 30 and May 1st. This will bring out of town teams to our community. A lot of work goes into making this event a success. If you have some time to lend a hand with set up, during the event or tear down to get ready for regular rec games, please call Brad at OFC or Kim at CASA. Many hands will make the work go faster and easier.
The State Cup schedule is posted on the front page of the website. Come down and take in a few exciting games.
- Every coach received an Awards Form with their uniforms. As a parent/coach/spectator during the rec season (fall/spring) please consider nominating a player (U10+) and ref and coach for the award categories at the local level. Winners of the local level more onto the state/regional/national level. Awards are presented each fall at the Soccer Picnic. Nominate someone today. Go to the Awards Page for form.
- We had 18 new refs this spring season and 10 recerts to continue in this trade. We are all at different levels of knowledge in the game of soccer. We use the U8 division to help new refs get their feet wet and become more comfortable in front of parents and players and the community. They are learning a different side of the game and this takes time. Just like with your own player, you will see them grow each year in this new area of their game/life. Mistakes are going to happen. We are always looking for more refs to continue to build our ref family, especially each fall, when a majority of our young refs are busy with HS soccer.....consider reffing.
- Thank You to all the parents that help coach a soccer team. I know from experience the time and energy it takes to get ready for the season and games and unexpected issues along the way. THANK YOU for taking on this assignment to offer the game of soccer to all ages and skill level. If you'd like assistance from the HS varsity/jv coach or would like to have a high school player come a to a practice to help out, just let us know.
- Concerns / Comments / Ideas
Please feel free to visit with us about concerns or share new ideas or provide comment on something good or bad that happens during the season. We strive to improve in everyday organization and communication. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a board member.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Copyright © 2010 Pierre CASA Soccer