Month: March, 2012
Saturday, March 31, 2012THANK YOU!
To all the parents that volunteered Saturday. The field and equipment volunteers had PILC done by Noon.
The Ref Clinic prepped refs for a Fun season! 38 coaches attended youth coaches module training.
Thank you to Mr. Kaiser at Jefferson, Mr. Whalen at HS and Beck Bowers at Boys & Girls Club for use of facilities.
Thank you to all the players that scrimmaged at the trainings.
What a beautiful day to kick off the Spring Soccer season, with lots of soccer family talent and time.
Are you ready for some Futbol?
Have some Super Soccer fun!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
WELCOME to 2012 SPRING SOCCER SEASON
Lots of Information to Review…always go to www.pierresoccer.com for more information.
- Coaches – will be contacting you later this week or early next after they receive their team lists regarding pre-season practices.
- Games – Games start the Monday after Easter weekend and go thru the week before school is out. The schedule will be posted the weekend of March 30th.
- Weather – Please dress players according to the weather. Games will be cancelled due to weather conditions for health and safety reasons. Announcements are made by 4pm on the website, mass email and radio.
- Equipment – Shin Guards are required. Soccer shoes may be worn for baseball, BUT baseball shoes can not be worn for soccer.
- Spectator Area – will be on the opposite side of the player area on U8, U10 & U12 fields.
- Goal Safety – is the responsibility of all CASA members. Each team will need to have a parent assist with goal locations and anchoring prior to each game and practice. All parents should direct kids away from playing on goals at all times.
- Concession Stand Duty – Watch for information from your coach on which night your team is scheduled to work in the concession stand.
- Field Set Up – March 31st – Watch for more details on equipment and field set up and painting. If you signed up for the equipment and field committee, please make plans to attend. (Coaches training supersedes field set up.)
- U10 Rec Tournament – April 28th & April 29th in Pierre. Lots of help will be needed to prep on April 27th and volunteers for the weekend. It is always nice to not travel for an event, but we also need extra hands to make this event a success. Watch for details coming soon.
- THANK YOU to ALL the parents that are coaching this Spring!
- Coaches MEMO via email and posted to Coaches Tab on Website.
- On-line Disclosures – Any coach who didn’t do the back ground check process in the fall MUST do one this spring BEFORE rosters can be certified. Please do that ASAP.
- Contact Team members from your team rosters.
- Practices can begin Monday, March 26th, weather pending.
- Coaches Training per division – March 31st…Must read Pre-Training materials linked on website.
- Equipment check out – March 26th & March 27th 6pm-7pm at PILC concession stand.
- Draft Schedule – Watch for draft schedule and reply with availability to Ref Coordinator ASAP.
- Referee Training is March 31st for both New and Veteran referees.
- Get Ready for some Soccer Fun!